How did I get summoned for jury service?
The jury selection list comes from Bowie County Voter registration. If you are registered to vote and live in Nash, Texas, you may be sent a jury summons.
Where should I appear?
Check your jury summons. You should appear at the Nash Municipal Court, located at: 119 Elm St. Nash, TX 75569.
How long will my jury service last?
Jury service typically lasts no more than half of a day.
Do I get paid for jury service?
If you are chosen to serve on a panel of six jurors, you will receive $6 a day.
What are the exemptions for jury service?
Jury service may be excused for:
- Persons over 70 years of age
- Persons who have legal custody of a child or children under the age of 16 years, if jury service by that person would necessitate leaving the child or children without supervision
- All students of public or private secondary school if jury service would mean that person missing class
- Every person who is enrolled and in actual attendance at an institution of higher education
- Persons who are the primary caretaker of a person who is unable to care for themselves
- An officer or an employee of the Senate, House of Representatives, or any department, commission, board, office, or other agency in the legislative branch of state government
- Persons whose service would prevent them from observing a religious holiday or religious belief Persons who have a physical or mental impairment or an inability to understand English
- Persons on active military duty
What if I ignore my jury summons?
You can be fined up to $100.
Nash Municipal Court
119 Elm St.
P.O. Box 520
Nash, TX 75569
8:00 am- 5:00 pm