The City Secretary provides administrative support to the Mayor, City Council, City Administrator, and City staff in many different ways.
The City Secretary:
- Attends all meetings of the City Council to keep accurate records of all actions taken
- Maintains the official records and files of the city.
- Administers Oaths
- Attests contracts, assessment certificates, and other legal documents when executed by the authorized officers of the city.
- Serves as the election official for all city elections.
- Posts all City Council meeting agendas as required by the Open Meeting Act.
- Processes all requests for public records as required by the Public Information Act.
- Functions as the Court Clerk and Finance Director.
The Finance Director:
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash Flows and Fiscal Operations of the City
- general ledger
- municipal court
- utility billing
- debt management
- accounts payable
- accounts receivable
- capital assets
- The overall responsibility for the efficient and prudent financial administration of the City in accordance with guidelines established by policies, procedures, ordinances, and budgets adopted by the City Council and state laws.
119 Elm St.
P.O. Box 520
Nash, TX 75569
8:00 am- 5:00 pm