Nash Fall Clean Up! October 19th-October 22nd. Curbside pick up. No tires, paint cans or batteries.
The City of Nash started out as T.C. Junction. It was renamed in 1884 to Park, TX after Dr. John N. Parker, the first postmaster in the city. In 1906, the city honored Martin Manny Nash, Division Superintendent for the Texas & Pacific Railroad Company, and rechristened the city Nash, TX.
No matter what you called it, this place has always been a place of growth and working together. In the days when the First Transcontinental Railroad ran through town, we welcomed newcomers who were ready to build new lives in the Texarkana area. Now, people come by plane, car and bus to find just as welcoming an environment.
The Texarkana Children's Advocacy Center and CASA held their First annual Save Jane event today. We all have high hopes that events like this will raise awareness of child abuse. Mayor Robert Bunch was honored to be a part of such effort
In 1959, Nash was incorporated as an official city in the state of Texas. Since then, we have become a booming industrial city with a population of 3,700. Nash Business Park, which is governed by Nash Industrial Development Corporation, drives our economy.
A grant from the federal government made Nash Business Park possible. This has been the catalyst for even more growth over the years. In 1890, all that our 100 residents had was:
- One store
- A pharmacy
- Two mills
- A cotton gin
Residents often worked at one of two nearby military installations: Red River Army Depot and Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant. We care a lot about the proud members of our United States military.